- Book of the Month: You Can Change
- Book of the Month: When Helping Hurts
- Book of the Month: Radical Together
- Book of the Month: The Drama of Scripture
- Book of the Month: Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl
- Book of the Month: Meaning at the Movies
- Book of the Month: Altared
- Book of the Month: Truth & Transformation
- Book of the Month: The Crowd, The Critic, & the Muse
- Book of the Month: Everyday Justice
- Book of the Month: Fight
- Book of the Month: Death By Living
- Book of the Month: Purge with Passion
- Killer Book Alert: Jesus Is Better than You Imagined
- Book of the Month: Desiring the Kingdom
- The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness
- Book of the Month: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- Book of the Month: Culture Care
- Announcing You & Me Forever: A Forthcoming Book from Francis & Lisa Chan
- Writing about Music Is Like Dancing about Architecture
- Announcing Multiply: Free Discipleship Material from Francis Chan
- Grace Has No Leash
Discipleship is an essential function of the church. It’s the mission that Jesus left us with when He raised from the dead and ascended to the Father: “Go into all the world and make disciples.” As disciples of Jesus, an important part of our job description is being disciple-makers.
But discipleship is a weak spot in many churches today. We all know that we’re called to make disciples, but we often feel paralyzed because we don’t know exactly what that ought to look like. We don’t know where to begin.
To address this problem, I have been working together with our Founder, Francis Chan, and David Platt to produce disciple-making material that anyone anywhere can use for free. It’s called Multiply. Basically, the material is designed for ordinary Christians who want to help other people follow Jesus. It consists of six parts: Living as a Disciple Maker, Living as the Church, How to Study the Bible, Understanding the Old Testament, Understanding the New Testament, Helping People Change.
We believe that this type of material will help the church better fulfill its mission by equipping Christians to come together, study God’s word, and effectively minister to the hurting people around them (and around the world). The best part is, the whole thing is free. It’s meant to be passed on, linked to, and used in any way that will strengthen the local church.
Update: Since I first posted this, Multiply has been published in book form. You can still access all of the material for free using the link above (you can also watch videos of Francis Chan and David Platt discussing the material), or you can order it in book form here (many people don’t like to read books on their computer screens).